But thanks be to God, who always leads us in triumph in Christ, and manifests
through us the sweet aroma of the knowledge of Him in every place. 2 Cor. 2:14

Monday, May 2, 2011

Welcome to Kindergarten!

Not only am I learning to speak all over again... but I'm also learning to read and write! My homework assignment in language class this week was to complete the worksheets pictured below... The left column is a question and the right column is the clue you use to answer the question. 



For example, number one says:

"T.V. kahaa hai?" (translation: "Where is the T.V.?")
and the clue is "vo cchoti mez" (translation: "that little table")
so my answer reads: "T.V. oos cchoti mez par hai." (translation: "The T.V. is on that little table.")

It's basic stuff, but I've gotta say, I feel pretty accomplished to be able to read it and then write out the answers in the language! 

This next part of the worksheet asks a question and then I'm supposed to answer "No" in full sentence form. So... another example:

(C) "Kya aapkay daysh-ka mousam garum hai?" (translation: Is your country's weather hot?")
And my answer reads: "Nahi, mayray daysh-ka mousam garum nahi hai." (translation: "No, my country's weather is not hot."


You might not be able to tell a difference, but my handwriting isn't super awesome yet. Thankfully my teacher isn't taking a penmanship grade!

I think it's such an incredible - and lots of times frustrating - thing to learn another language... but mostly just incredible. I feel honored to be able to learn this language and then have an opportunity to speak with people I otherwise would never have been able to communicate with! It's exciting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment