My awesome sister is making a photo book for my oldest nephew, Joshua, for his upcoming birthday. It tells the story of his adoption from Russia. She sent me a preview of the book today, and as I read through the story, I cried like a baby! I know that Joshua was adopted, but most of the time I forget that I didn't know him when he was born... or for most of the first two years of his life. I look at pictures of him in the orphanage where he lived... and how he's changed and grown so much since then... and my heart wants to explode with love for that little boy. Our family is SO blessed to have him. He's perfect for us. And it's so amazing to know that the Father planned it all from the beginning.
In the book, my sister has woven in scripture to show Joshua how the Father was the One bringing their family together and how He also has a plan to make us a part of HIS family through His Son. Beautiful, right? On earth, G0d gives us an incredible glimpse of His character and love in the picture of adoption. What a gift!
It's overwhelming to think on the love the Father has for us. He doesn't have to give us anything good... we don't deserve anything good... but He just lavishes us with good things and, even more, He gives us the very best - His precious Son!
Some how, some way, I forget this sometimes. My life is one constant blessing... every minute is more and more grace... and still, days go by when I don't really get how great the Father's love is for me... or how worthy He is of my affection... but today - as I read the sweet story of my nephew's adoption - I was reminded, and I was floored. I am so thankful. I am SO loved. YOU are so loved.
HE is so worthy.
I just can't comprehend it all!
When we were hopeless, in the worst condition imaginable - destined for death - the Father adopted us into His family. Made us His own. Gave us hope. Gave us new life. He gave us His nearness and His Presence. He became our Everlasting Father... and even now, He's patiently walking with me, correcting me, reshaping me, providing for me, protecting me, guiding me, loving me - minute by minute, breath by breath.
![]() |
| Joshua's first night in America - and our FIRST family picture! Look at him lovin' on his daddy!! Spring 2007 |
![]() |
| A little homemade shirt action. I wanted to make sure everyone knew I was a proud aunt!! |
![]() |
| Our most recent family picture - now with sweet nephew #2, Kellen! Spring 2010 |
It's overwhelming to think on the love the Father has for us. He doesn't have to give us anything good... we don't deserve anything good... but He just lavishes us with good things and, even more, He gives us the very best - His precious Son!
Some how, some way, I forget this sometimes. My life is one constant blessing... every minute is more and more grace... and still, days go by when I don't really get how great the Father's love is for me... or how worthy He is of my affection... but today - as I read the sweet story of my nephew's adoption - I was reminded, and I was floored. I am so thankful. I am SO loved. YOU are so loved.
HE is so worthy.
I just can't comprehend it all!
When we were hopeless, in the worst condition imaginable - destined for death - the Father adopted us into His family. Made us His own. Gave us hope. Gave us new life. He gave us His nearness and His Presence. He became our Everlasting Father... and even now, He's patiently walking with me, correcting me, reshaping me, providing for me, protecting me, guiding me, loving me - minute by minute, breath by breath.
See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of G0d! And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him. - 1 John 3:1
"G0d in eternity looked upon me - foreseeing my faults, my pride, my sin - and He said, 'I want that man[woman] in my family! I will PAY for him to be in my family with my Son's life.' That's love, folks. That is MEGA, off the charts LOVE!" - John Piper



No comments:
Post a Comment