When you're riding around town, it's not uncommon to see cobblers, barbers, locksmiths, and even dentists sitting on the sidewalk offering their services to the public. I came across this video the other day of a Curbside Dentist and thought I'd share it to give you a glimpse of South Asia...
The first time I watched the video my stomach got a little queasy, but the second time I handled it like a champ! So, that's just a small warning that a tooth is pulled and there's a little blood involved. Also, after viewing this, you're probably gonna want to thank the Lord that you can afford to care for your teeth (that includes buying a toothbrush and toothpaste!), and you might even want to go hug your dentist:
As Doc-Senior explained there are "rich doctors" too, so these Curbside Dentists aren't the only option around here. However, the majority of people can't afford high quality dental care, so this is where they go... if they go anywhere at all.
Obviously this dental care is a little make-shift and not ideal, but I'm thankful these dentists at least care about the people they're helping and want to make them happy!
*Side note: 80 rupees = around $2.00 USD
No comments:
Post a Comment