Ok, so the 4th of July was a few weeks ago... that's fine, I'm still going to show you some pictures of how we celebrated over here!!
On July 2nd we got to attend the Independence Day Celebration at the U.S. Embassy. Anyone with American citizenship could go...and also anyone with an immediate family member with American citizenship could attend.
 |
The entrance to the par-tay!
|
 |
| It was held on the baseball field. Look at all that red, white and blue!! |
 |
| Thankful to be able to celebrate with friends! :) |
 |
| DR. PEPPER! Dream come true!! |
 |
Dr. Pepper with fries and a cheeseburger?! Don't mind if I do!
... and this was only one of the MANY options from the menu!! |
 |
| We had a little visit from Mrs. Clinton... |
 |
| ...and the President himself! |
 |
| There were fireworks |
 |
And craft tables, where Erin and I made little U.S. flags!!
And there was a big blow up slide for the kids! |
 |
| There was also a live band and dance floor! The nice Sikh man and his lady were the first to bust a move! :) |
The embassy celebration was great! It was fun to wear red, white, and blue, and enjoy the holiday even though we were so far from home. My one complaint is that the band only played original songs, and that was a little disappointing. I was hoping for some
country music! As we were leaving though, they switched over to a DJ, so we got to sing the YMCA song on our way out! :)
On the day of the 4th we had some stuff to do, but that night my roommate and I and our other friend had BBQ chicken, fried okra, baked beans, and corn for dinner! It was very yummy!
And I just so happened to have this awesome "
I ❤ USA" button with me, so I decided to sport it for the evening. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment