Thursday, January 13, 2011
...a pleasing aroma?
As I was thinking about what to name this blog, a friend and I started naming off things that are characteristic of South Asia... and one of the things we named was incense. Among the distinct smells of spices, trash, sewage, and smog, the smell of incense often fills the air as the people are offering it up as part of their daily ritual worship. With that thought, the Lord brought to mind 2 Cor. 2:14:
But thanks be to God, who in Christ always leads us in triumphal procession, and through us spreads the fragrance of the knowledge of him everywhere.
I am amazed at the thought that while I'm living here among these people the Father is using me to spread the sweet aroma of Christ everywhere I go! What an honor!
Hence the name "...a sweet aroma..." :)
So, I pray our lives won't stink!... but that today...and everyday... they would be a sweet aroma, spreading the knowledge of Christ in all the places the Father has planted us!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

What an incredibly refreshing witness you are!! You ARE spreading a sweet aroma of Christ to all who see you and hear you! I am amazed at your "beautiful feet" that spread the GREAT news! You are a delight to the Father, and we pray for you daily! What a sweet, sweet smell I can smell on the other side of the world all because you are being so faithful and obedient to the Father. I pray for the Lord to draw you nearer to him and find encouragement throughout your days!
ReplyDeleteSeth and I have been called to live in the inner-city where we serve....and we are making our move this summer, God willing. Jill, it is such an honor to serve Him and He has brought such a beautiful peace. I found so much strength reading your blog and I want to thank you for that! From one southern Sister to another....I KNOW we are truly rich in His blessings! You are a BEAUTIFUL reflection!
Keep the blogs coming!!
Hey Jill! Reading your blog is certainly inspiring for me and challenges me also.Just so you know I got two prayer cards from Jeff and gave one to Tammie(the lady I am dating in Jacksonville) so that she can lift you up during our quiet time. Jeff is so proud of you, I saw this when I met with him a couple of weeks ago. So now you have another believer in Fla praying for you. Keep the Faith and I know you will give all glory due to the Lord!!
ReplyDelete